Happy Birthday Mom!
Today is a VERY special day. It's my mom's birthday! Last year I was able to spend it with her for the first time in 6 years! Each year I wish I was home to spend the day with her, making her feel extra loved and special. Because she is one special lady. If you don't know my mom then you're missing out. She is the most selfless person I know. When I was younger, and she was a single mom, she worked full time as a nurse and did night shifts, while taking care of 4 children under the age of 12. She continued to have dinner ready every night, a spotless house, clean clothes always, and most importantly she continued to find time to make each one of us feel loved and special. I still remember the "date" I got with my mom once a month, just the two of us.
Now, my mom is my best friend. I call her all the time and for the dumbest reasons. Many times I call her just to talk or hear her voice. I miss her all the time. I wish I lived right next door to her. I wish Owen could spend every day with his grandma. I feel like I am always getting to know my mom more and more and as I get older I truly appreciate her even more than I did when growing up. She sacrifices so much for all of us. My mom is one of the most thoughtful people I know. She always remembers your birthday and manages to make you feel extra loved even though she won't be with you that day. That's why I hope she feels extra loved on HER birthday, today.
We love you mom! We love you more than anything and we are so grateful that you are our mom and grandma.

Today is a VERY special day. It's my mom's birthday! Last year I was able to spend it with her for the first time in 6 years! Each year I wish I was home to spend the day with her, making her feel extra loved and special. Because she is one special lady. If you don't know my mom then you're missing out. She is the most selfless person I know. When I was younger, and she was a single mom, she worked full time as a nurse and did night shifts, while taking care of 4 children under the age of 12. She continued to have dinner ready every night, a spotless house, clean clothes always, and most importantly she continued to find time to make each one of us feel loved and special. I still remember the "date" I got with my mom once a month, just the two of us.
Now, my mom is my best friend. I call her all the time and for the dumbest reasons. Many times I call her just to talk or hear her voice. I miss her all the time. I wish I lived right next door to her. I wish Owen could spend every day with his grandma. I feel like I am always getting to know my mom more and more and as I get older I truly appreciate her even more than I did when growing up. She sacrifices so much for all of us. My mom is one of the most thoughtful people I know. She always remembers your birthday and manages to make you feel extra loved even though she won't be with you that day. That's why I hope she feels extra loved on HER birthday, today.
We love you mom! We love you more than anything and we are so grateful that you are our mom and grandma.
1 comment:
what? you got a date with mom once a month?! jealous.
i love mom. i'm so glad she's my mom. she's the best :)
Post a Comment