Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday G-reg!!

Today is my little brother's birthday. Okay well he's not that little anymore. He's 20! I can't believe it! Greg is serving a mission right now in Dallas, Texas (Spanish speaking). On Christmas we were able to talk to him and he said many "ya'll's" it was awesome. :) This is his first birthday away from home but we know he is still having a blast. Here are some of the many things that we love so much about Greg: (by: Julie and Emily)...



* He is always upbeat and positive (even before the mission) :)
* He makes everyone laugh with his goofiness and his jokes
* He is sensitive, kind and compassionate
* He is a stud.
* He's an amazing hurdler and he has always loved sports.
* He has the cutest dimples. :)
* He is my "brodder"
* He has a strong testimony of the gospel
* He lets his light shine so that others may know Christ through him
* He is forgiving and loves everyone for who they are
* He is friendly and makes you feel important
* He is a great leader and stands up for people

Greg has a talent for making friends and making people feel like they matter. There is one story from his childhood that exemplifies this. So one day my mom went to a parent-teacher conference. I think Greg must have been in the 3rd grade. The teacher had a journal prompt for the class in which the students had to write about their best friend and why. At this parent-teacher conference, the teacher had opened several of the class members' journals to that particular entry because every boy in the class and even some girls wrote that Greg was their best friend. The children wrote entries like, "Greg is my best friend because he makes me feel special" or "Greg is my best friend because he picks me to be on his team" or "Greg is my best friend because he is nice to me." This story is so Greg! I am thankful he is my big little brother and I love him with all of my heart. We love you Greg!!

This was taken when Greg got his mission call

1 comment:

Kid's Kitchen said...

Love your post Julie. I have always admired what a wonderful sister you are to your siblings. I pretty much consider you one of my own too! I love you and hope you had a wonderful time with your sister's fam!! I can't wait to catch up.

Blog Archive