Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Festivities and Christmas Day

We have been busy celebrating the holidays!! I LOVE Christmas for that very reason. I feel as though we have had somewhere to go every night for the past week. I am exhausted but I love it at the same time. Last Friday we spent the evening with Pete and Jess building gingerbread houses. Or should I say watching them build gingerbread houses. I have never seen someone so enthralled in building their gingerbread house than Tyson until I watched Pete doing the same thing (I should have known since they are so close they are practically brothers).

The finishing products! (about 3 and a half hours later...)




Saturday night we went to the Oblad's house to celebrate Christmas traditions from France. It was really cool to learn more about the traditions in France as well as taste the yummy food. Monday night we had an "Ugly Sweater" party at our place. I don't have my pics right now but let's just say it was pretty hilarious to see what everyone came up with! We had fun "laughing" the night away and having a mug contest. It was so fun to see everyone; especially our friends from out of town.

Christmas Eve we spent at my in-laws house with some of the family. We spent the night there too and spent Christmas day with everyone. It was my first time spending Christmas with the Tidwells and I loved being there with all 19 nieces and nephews, 6 sister-in-laws and 4 brother-in-laws. Oh and ofcourse Rog and Jill. It was a big party! One of the best parts about Christmas day was being able to talk to our brothers Greg and Judd who are serving LDS missions. But I have to admit that being away from my family was really hard. It was my first Christmas without them since I was born. I feel like such a baby but I was kind of sad throughout this week. It's not that I don't love Tyson's family to death, it's just different without my family. But it was all worth it to see Tyson so happy and I loved seeing all of our nieces and nephews open their gifts. There's always a first for everything!

Christmas morning...we are very sleepy :)

Tyson and baby Henry

Hattie so excited to be opening presents!

Sophie, Sadie and Sarah

Gretchen and Gared

Suri, Hattie, Tate, Charlie and Sarah

"Opening gifts fiasco"

"The Rascals" Charlie and Jude

Me and baby Jonah

2 comments:

The Alvords said...

Julie, I feel for you! Being away from your family for the holidays is hard no matter how much you like your in-laws. I think I fell into a slight depression the first time I spent Christmas away from my family. It looks like you guys had a great week though! You two are too cute.

Oblad girl said...

WOW- that picture of all of the kids opening presents- looks like a crazy, fun time! I'm glad you had a good Christmas.

Don't you love the weather we are having? I think there was about 1 hour of sunshine around 8 o' clock this morning... =)

Blog Archive