For our second day of preschool last week we focused a bit more on math. We also didn't add a new sight word and instead reviewed the ones we have learned. Every now and then it's important to slow down and assess/review what's been learned thus far.
Here's what we did:
Circle Time
Songs sang: Wheels on the Bus (per Graham's request), I am a Child of God and Whenever I Hear the Song of a Bird
Warm-Up/Review
I like to leave the letter and number up from the previous lesson of the same week to review. I always leave all of the sight words we're learning up because they need the most practice (for Owen anyway). A new color and usually shape are learned as well (weekly).
Story Time
Activity
I drew some socks and glued them on a piece of paper. I then made stripes. I taught Owen what a pattern was and he chose two colors. Then he made a pattern on his socks.
I LOVE integrating more than one subject within a lesson!
Handwriting
I found these wipeable letter cards in the Target dollar section and couldn't pass them up. Just another way for Owen to practice his handwriting skills. And to make it more fun, I found this cute little clipboard at Target for him to write on. He loved this.
Game
We played number BINGO for our game! I had some leftover BINGO cards from when I taught first grade and pulled one out. I asked Owen if he wanted to color it just for fun but he didn't, which was totally okay. I let him use our bears to mark the numbers as I called them out. He wanted to cover the whole page to call out BINGO. I let him play for some fruit snacks :)
Closing Circle Time
We red "The Very Busy Spider" by Eric Carle.

Here's what we did:
Circle Time
Songs sang: Wheels on the Bus (per Graham's request), I am a Child of God and Whenever I Hear the Song of a Bird
Warm-Up/Review
I like to leave the letter and number up from the previous lesson of the same week to review. I always leave all of the sight words we're learning up because they need the most practice (for Owen anyway). A new color and usually shape are learned as well (weekly).
Story Time
Activity
I drew some socks and glued them on a piece of paper. I then made stripes. I taught Owen what a pattern was and he chose two colors. Then he made a pattern on his socks.
I LOVE integrating more than one subject within a lesson!
Handwriting
I found these wipeable letter cards in the Target dollar section and couldn't pass them up. Just another way for Owen to practice his handwriting skills. And to make it more fun, I found this cute little clipboard at Target for him to write on. He loved this.
Game
We played number BINGO for our game! I had some leftover BINGO cards from when I taught first grade and pulled one out. I asked Owen if he wanted to color it just for fun but he didn't, which was totally okay. I let him use our bears to mark the numbers as I called them out. He wanted to cover the whole page to call out BINGO. I let him play for some fruit snacks :)
Closing Circle Time
We red "The Very Busy Spider" by Eric Carle.



No comments:
Post a Comment