So I have this ridiculously creative friend and her name is Jamie. Seriously she can make anything look amazing and always has the BEST ideas. Plus she's beautiful and always finds amazing deals. I am blessed to know her.
We have been spending so much time with her and her littles. Owen is obsessed with her girls, Kylie and Reese. It is the cutest.
Jamie does SEEL school with three other moms and their daughters. I taught the letter lesson for the day but Jamie did the rest. I loved all of her ideas! I took a few for our preschool too ;)
Here's what we did:
Jamie started the day with an art project. The kids decorated igloos using foam stickers.
Next, Jamie brought out Letter Panda to introduce the letter of the week. Such a cute idea and the kids loved it! Panda ate an inchworm, ice cream, an igloo and the letter I!
Handwriting Practice
Jamie has multiple hands on handwriting activities that the kids rotate through each time they meet with her. This was my favorite part of the day!
The 5 activities she used this time were:
Salt and Wand
White Board and White Board Marker
IPAD Drawing App
"Keep it in the Fence" Letter and Poms
And Playdough
Letter Lesson
I had the kids go on a letter hunt in oatmeal like we did a few days ago HERE. They worked together to find all of the letters in the alphabet.
Next they went on a letter "i" hunt around the living room. Once they found the letters they collected them in individual baggies.
We regrouped and sat on the floor for a Halloween story.
Last, we made the letter "i" using Popsicle sticks.
Math Time
Jamie took over again and explained the date using a calendar and had the kids point to different numbers and days of the week.
She then had the kids gather outside with Number Bunny to count pom balls by putting them into his black hat.
Art Time, part 2
This project was adorable. Jamie found it on pinterest. The kids made an inchworm using long soccer socks, felt to stuff inside, string to tie off each "ball", poms for the face and wire and poms for the antennae. Cutest sock inchworms ever.
Music Makers
Jamie has accumulated a bunch of props and has a bunch of songs to accompany them. The kids love this so much and they get to sing and dance and get their wiggles out!
Closing Story Time
Another Halloween book!
And that was it! Such a fun time. It was two hours of loads of learning and fun. I loved being able to tag along! Thanks Jamie!












1 comment:
Oh goodness! You are the master at explaining every detail! Thank you! I may need to steal your beautifuly writen words... You are such a talented teacher, thank you for doing this with me! It is always more fun to do it together:)
Post a Comment