Thursday, January 29, 2009

Do You Want to Join Us??

Okay, so those of you who know me well, know that I HATE to run. I would much rather do any other type of aerobic activity. I blame this hatred of running on my dance history because as a dancer we were not "allowed" to run. Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoy staying in shape and working out, I just choose other ways to do it (i.e. dance, weight classes, pilates, cardio machines, spinning, etc). I have always enjoyed doing multiple things to stay in shape and I think my body reacts the best this way.

So anyways, the other day Tyson tells me that he has signed us up for a half marathon in April!?? I was very shocked and doubtful that I can even last a half of a half marathon, but after some convincing I decided that it would be fun to do it with Tyson and it would be fun to train for something. So anyone want to join us? I think it would be even more fun to do it with some friends! If you want some more information just check out this link: http://www.saltlakecitymarathon.com/ and let me know!

9 comments:

The Alvords said...

I'm doing the Salt Lake half too! You will love it Julie. I am so excited for you guys. Running is one of those things that really sucks in the beginning but after a while it becomes super addicting. I did this race last year and it has been my favorite one yet...it even beat the Central Park half I did last February. You will enjoy it and will feel so accomplished after it's over. There are people lining the streets the whole route and it keeps you very motivated. You'll do awesome!

Angie Gray said...

I want to if I can! I was training to do that marathon last year and hurt my back. That one has a really fun finish down at the Gateway. If my mono doesn't keep flaring up I will do it for sure. I have started exercising a little again, and I think a half would be awesome. I think Krista Horton might be training for that one.

Kid's Kitchen said...

That's awesome! Way to go:) Too bad we won't be living right on the course..we could cheer you on from outside our front door...it goes right down our street. Let me know if you want a running buddy:) If you like you should run the Park CIty half marathon with me this summer!! It's AWESOME!

Zane and Lexi said...

Hi Julie! I'm a friend of Ty's from HS. I've never actually met you but can only imagine you are awesome because Tyson married you :) I ran into him over Christmas at Costco and I tried talking him into joining us in the Caribbean for med school. You guys would love it here!
Good luck on your marathon!

kirk n stacy said...

Hi Julie! It's been fun looking at your blog. What a great young couple who are doing great things! I look forward on checking on you! Good Luck with that Marathon.

Jill said...

I'm proud of you guys! Good luck! I wish they wouldn't have switched that half marathon from June to April..what were they thinking? We'll come to the finish line at the Gateway and cheer you on!

Jessica Jackson said...

Hey, I might be doing the half marathon too! And Eliza wanted to do it... we might have quite the group there!

Lance said...

Julie! This is Kim Rodela, Lance's wife. He told me to tell you hi and that of course he remembers you! Kim is doing good, just living in Cali. and married to David. We just saw them at Christmas and they said they are wanting to move, hopefully to Utah! Good luck on the 1/2 marathon, it is a fun race.

emwhitte said...

What?! Why didn't you tell me?? Well, good luck--April will come up quickly! I'd do it with you but I'm looking at doing a triathlon early May. Just go slow so you can run for longer. That's what I tell Jadon :) I know you can do it and then after yu do a half, everything else will seem like no body's business :)

PS I think dancer's are told not to run because it is thought that you might loose flexibility?

Blog Archive