Thursday, June 17, 2010

Good bye for now Mrs. Tidwell

(So sad...My classroom looks so bare with everything gone and packed up.)

I can't believe it's already been a few weeks since my last day of teaching. I just finished my 3rd year teaching first grade and I have decided to stay home with Owen for now. I feel blessed to be able to just be his mommy but it sure was bittersweet saying good bye to my sweet students, fellow teachers and friends. I have made many, many special relationships at Jennie P. Stewart Elementary School. I have taught over 60 students and have had the privilege of teaching next to some amazing teachers. I totally cried like a baby on the last day of school. I had a few students and some parents crying as well. I hate good-byes, and so I like to call them "see you laters". I couldn't have asked for a better school to begin my teaching career. Everyone was so nice to me and welcomed me with open arms. They all gave me the confidence to be the teacher I wanted to be. My wonderful principal helped me grow each year. I will always remember those smiling 6 year old faces that I got to see each day. I will never forget the feelings I had as I watched them grow, learn and discover new and exciting things. I absolutely LOVED my job. And even though it was the hardest thing I have ever done, teaching and being a mommy, I truly think that being a mom helped me be a better teacher. I love each and every one of my students and will always remember them. Some great and lasting friendships were made that I will cherrish forever.
I will always cherish this friendship I made...Mrs. Mullins. :) We were neighboring teachers. She was my mentor and friend at Jennie P. We definitely just said "see you later." She is the type of teacher that I one day would dream to become. Truly a remarkable woman and friend. I love you Lynda!
I still plan on teaching in the near future. While we're in Arizona I plan to tutor from my house as well as teach dance so I can still develop and nuture my passion for teaching. But I will be so excited to one day have my own little class again. Here's to a new chapter in life!

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Love you cute Julie! How is your summer going? How is baby Owen?
Give him a cuddly hug for me!

Melody's Voice said...

Awe Julie, I can kind of relate. I can only image giving up my job that I love. I bet it wasn't easy. Good luck!

Jill said...

You're such a cute teacher! I know your kids are gonna miss you a lot. We need to get together before you guys leave!!

Chelsea said...

I bet you were a wonderful teacher! Congratulations on this new exciting adventure you and Tyson are going on!

emwhitte said...

All your kids were so lucky to have you! Enjoy the journey!!

Love You!

Blog Archive