
So today is actually a really exciting day for me. One might say I have a soft spot in my heart for all the mothers out there. I can recall on more than one occasion being called a "mama's boy" and to be completely honest... I don't think that has ever bothered me. It seems to be a joke in the family that over the last 10 years or so, I have had to speak in church on Mother's Day FOUR times! I dont know about you but I consider that a lot! Apparently I have yet to figure it out. So anyways, as this year has approached I have to admit, it has been a very different feeling. This day has always been about my mom... the way she loves me, cares for me and even protects me to this day. But this year is different because I get to celebrate a new mom in my life... my wonderful wife Julie. I don't think there is anything in the world that is worth celebrating more than her new divine role as a mother to our little boy. I have a hard time expressing the peace and comfort I feel when I am reminded that our children will have every chance at success in life because they will have been raised by a loving, selfless and divine woman. I knew Julie was special from the moment I walked up to her and said "Hi Tyson, my name is Julie"... (smooth aye, talk about first impressions.) I don't think I realized how special she is until I saw her in her most important role... that of mother. Owen is blessed to have a mom that radiates love every time she sees him, holds him and cares for him. Perhaps the biggest reminder of her love... I have officially been bumped from "Number 1 Man" to "Number 2" and honestly, I am okay with that. She has so much love to give, and she gives it purely. So on this special day, more than anything, I want her to know how much I love her and the joy she has brought into my life. Everyone deserves a day to be celebrated and today I get to celebrate the love of my life... I can't imagine anything better. I love you always...
7 comments:
aw! that was so sincere and honest. I love it!
Ah, Tys..... Love you guys. You really did get lucky!!! p.s. I'm not kidding when I tell you I'm moving to Arizona with you guys in the winters..... Get ready for me.
I agree! Julie is such a great mom and a very special woman. Love you guys lots!
You ARE so lucky to have her! What a great husband you are too!! :)
Julie really is such a naturally great mommy, but I wasn't surprised! Sweet post from you Tyson, you are BOTH lucky to have each other :) Hope the packing up is going well.
Thank you SO much everyone! Your comments mean the world to me and give me confidence in the mommy I try to be. Thank you for being wonderful friends!! xoxo
Ty you are pretty funny! 4 times - wow! Lucky Owen, he has some pretty great parents.
Post a Comment