Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Many Names of...

I have been thinking lately and have realized that Owen has already compiled quite a long list of nick names. I am not much of a nick name kind of person. Many people call Tyson "Ty" and I always refer to him as Tyson. However I am all for affectionate names like babe, or sweetheart or honey. It's crazy what kind of names you start calling your baby. Sometimes I think "really? did I just call you doodlebear?" I mean come on, what kind of name is that!? I know you moms out there totally know what I mean! Right?

So here's the list of Owen's names; all given to him by his loving parents and family members:

Owie (a Tidwell favorite)
"O" (a daddy favorite)
"uh O" (also a daddy favorite)
Love (definitely mommy's favorite)
Lovey
bugaboo
buddy boy
T.O. (definitely Tyson's) and his other uncles faves
Baby O
Pal (daddy's)
bug
Sweet Boy (mommy's)

I'm sure there will be many more names to add to this list as the years go on. Hopefully they just stay cute and sweet! :)

3 comments:

Chiara said...

I love nicknames!! My kids have TOO many.....Bill called Marley BUSTER her first few months of life....I quickly X'ed that one off the list! :)
I love Owen's names...they are all cute and perfect for such a handsome little man!

Jenni Hinckley said...

My Owen's middle name is Bitner, so a nickname that I wasn't that big of a fan of was "OB one kenobi" but oh well, i guess that's how it goes!

w and w said...

love the list, too cute. and DYING TO MEET HIM!

Blog Archive