Sunday, February 7, 2010

Meeting Owen in California

We made the long, long drive down to California when Owen was about 3 and a half weeks. Doing a 12 hour drive with a newborn is some task but we made it and Owen did great! And well worth it. Owen met my dad, my brother, my sister and her family and many other family friends. My brother, Greg, also came home from his mission! Owen and Greg share the same birthday. It was so much fun to be home with my family and to let them all enjoy our little Owen. I wish I took more pictures, but I am realizing that it is sometimes difficult to juggle everything! We ended up staying there for 10 days, but I wish it was longer. It was so nice to be in warmer weather and have lots of help at all hours of the day. We can't wait to see our California family again!!

Owen and Grandpa...He sure loves to snuggle!



Owen with his Great-Grandma Nelson. (She made him his blanket!)
Owen and Grandma ...
Owen and his Uncle Greg (who just returned from his mission).

Owen and his cousin Jadon. Jadon would wake up early and wait outside our bedroom door so he could hold Owen as soon as possible. So cute! (His brother Zach (3) would not sit still for a picture).

4 comments:

Angeles said...

you have a beautiful family. and owen is so handsome. goes to show the apple does not fall too far from the tree. glad you guys made it home safely.

ashley said...

I am glad you got to be with family and have them meet Owen. He is so darling!

Oblad girl said...

I was wondering how your trip went! Glad you had a good time and that the baby was good. =)

Brittany said...

So glad you had such a fun time. We missed you guys! Owen is getting so big and cuter every day.