This year we went down to California for Thanksgiving. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving in 5 years! So needless to say, it was good to be home. We left for the long 10 hour drive Tuesday after I got done teaching and stayed through today. It was so nice to be with family and remember all of things we are thankful for. To give a short run down of our events: Wednesday was spent catching up with family and hanging out around the house. My Uncle Jeff drove down with us too so it was fun to hang out with him as well as my mom, my brother, my dad, Martha (his wife), their kids and Dale (my mom's husband). Then on Saturday Emily and her cute boys came too. Thursday was spent lounging around and playing games. Ticket to Ride is a family fav and no one can beat Tyson! My aunt Melissa and her family came up from Long Beach to spend Thanksgiving with us too. On Friday my mom and I got up early, well I guess not that early, to get the good deals at the good ole Valencia Town Center. But man we scored big! I got the best deals! This was my first time experiencing "black Friday" and it was totally worth the crowd. I pretty much finished my Christmas shopping. I am now one happy girl! Friday night we spent with my dad and Saturday we went to my brother's Eagle Scout court of honor. Congratulations Matt!!
It was a fun, but way too short, trip. I wish we could've spent more time in the sunny state! Oh and one of the best parts was the warmth!! It was like in the 70's on Saturday and I was in Heaven. Here are a few pics to highlight some of the things we did:






There are so many things that I am thankful for. Here are a few:
1. My husband and our eternal marriage
2. My family and their unconditional love
3. The gospel
4. My Savior Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for me
5. My Heavenly Father and the eternal plan that he has for me and Tyson
6. The ability to procreate and bring precious spirits down to live in a loving environment
7. Friends
8. My job and the blessing to be able to teach Heavenly Father's children daily and have a lasting impact on their lives
9. Education and being able to receive my Master's degree
10. Dance!
11. books
12. the world and it's beauty
13. food
I could seriously go on and on and on. But to just name a few is always good to do now and then, I think. This way I can always remember how blessed I am. Happy Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
I just have to say you and Tyson take the best pictures. You both are so photogenic! Happy Holidays!
It sounds like you a had a blast! We missed you too, and are glad to have you back! I'm jealous of your shopping, no way was I going to go out with no husband and three kids! Tell Matt CONGRATS!
What a cute family you have! I'd be missing that warm weather, too! Oh, and thanks for reminding me that it's called an Indian Headdress. I couldn't remember for the life of me!
Hi Julie! It's good to hear from you! You are such a cute couple and I agree with Melody... so photogenic! How are you doing? I don't know if I could live in Utah more than a year. I would miss CA too much. :) And thanks about my family. I must say, I think my kids are the cutest thing ever, but hey... I'm their mom, what can I say?!
Post a Comment