
It has now been about 3 weeks since the last day of my first year of teaching. I have been meaning to write a little "journal entry" about completing my very first year of teaching. I wish I could put a picture of my cute class with this blog, but it would definitely break some district rules. So I guess no picture...
Well this past year has definitely been a challenge full of all kinds of emotions. It was very successful and I am proud to say that I will continue teaching first grade next year! But I have learned a lot. I have learned that I have more strengths then I thought I did, that I have way more patience than I thought I did, and that I definitely take some silly things too personally (i.e. the fact that at least 5 of my parents asked how old I was...). But all in all it was a wonderful learning experience where I have grown both professionally and emotionally. I am excited for next year when I will be more prepared and aware of what is expected of me throughout the school year. I am so grateful to be doing what I absolutely love to do. Teaching is so rewarding and I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time and energy. :)
5 comments:
I'm grateful there are people out there like you who want to teach all of our out of control kids! On behalf of all your student's parents and society in general...THANK YOU!!
Hey Julie, a Saugus get-together would be great. With Harrison's current situation, anytime too soon wouldnt really work but we are expecting him to be much better in about a week or two. Let us know and we would love to come and happy to help with anything needed. Thanks!
Congrats on finishing the year successfully! I'm sure you were a FABULOUS teacher!
My brother teached junior high and I think he's crazy. He absolutely loves it and that's why I love teachers. They do the jobs that the rest of us are way to busy or impatience to do! You guys are so great!
WAY TO GO on getting your first year under your belt! I knew (back last summer) when we were getting ready for the year to start that you were going to an amazing teacher. Just hope you know that I look up to YOU and admire how you teach and strive to be your best. It only gets better too! And ps, I also can't get enough of So You Think You Can Dance :) And I'm not even a dancer like you! Silly huh. It's just fun to watch, and Cole and I like to critique the outfits/costumes.
Post a Comment