Sunday, September 27, 2015

Graduation Cruise!

I have so much to say about this trip! First I have to say that it was the very first time Tyson and I have ever left the kids longer than 24 hours. So needless to say, it was hard. I tried my best to keep them distracted while we were gone with daily gifts to open, daily activities to do with cousins and friends and thankfully they had their grandparents and aunt Gretchen and cousin Sophie to take care of them. They really did a great job being away from us! 

On to the trip! We planned an amazing graduation trip with some of our closest friends we have ever had. The group totaled to 16 people! So we chose to go on a cruise so it would be easiest for everyone. We went on a Caribbean cruise to Honduras, Costa Maya and Cozumel. We spent 6 nights and 7 days on our Royal Caribbean cruise ship. It was a pretty amazing ship that included an ice skating rink, bowling lanes, theater, rock climbing wall, miniature golf, a couple of pools and hot tubs, outside running track, a gym, basketball and volleyball courts and a flow rider! It was amazing and we used every single thing it had to offer. 

A few highlights of the trip included: formal dinner nights, packing 16 people into a 12 passenger van, winning the dodgeball tournament, rock climbing, running outside on the ship, snorkeling in Honduras and Costa Maya, sea kayaking, paddle boarding in Honduras, long scooter rides around Cozumel, amazing mexican food, long girl talks, endless alone time with Tyson, tons of laughs, lots of games, amazing hikes and so much more! 






We had a white elephant gift exchange that Tyson set up. It was HILARIOUS! We had to give the person we were assigned to a gift that was a funny memory we had of them through our 4 years in medical school. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!!












These people are like family to us and boy to we love them so much! I am so glad we took the plunge and saved for this much needed and anticipated getaway and celebration. It will forever be a special memory!

No comments:

Blog Archive