Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Owen!!


Oh my goodness, I have a ONE year old! Today we celebrate my baby's birthday and I am sad and happy at the same time. I am totally a sap (which will explain all of the cheesiness in this post) and I have loved every moment of Owen's life and so this day I feel sad he seems no longer a baby yet happy that I have experienced the best year of my life. I am naturally a reflector and thanks to my major/masters programs, reflection has been INGRAINED into my brain (those of you who are fellow educators know what I mean). So today I have found myself thinking back upon that special, amazing and painful day when I gave birth to my sweet son. I can't even express the joy that was felt the minute I laid eyes on him. My heart swells with love whenever I think about those first precious moments with my baby. I often times get teary eyed when I think of how blessed I am to be his mother. What an amazing gift Heavenly Father has given me and I try to cherish it each day. Before Owen was born I wrote him a letter expressing my love for him and my feelings about being his mother, and I was able to read it again today as well as go through his baby book journaling his first year of life. I love looking back upon these memories and remembering the feelings I had at each moment. Celebrating Owen's birthday is so special because I am reminded of all these wonderful feelings, thoughts, and moments I have felt since he's been born and I LOVE it.

So to my baby boy....I love you more than anything and you are truly a gift from Heaven. Happy 1st Birthday love!







**Our pictures were done by the amazing Sara Boulter :)

4 comments:

Barb said...

What a sweetheart! He's such a handsome little man! Happy birthday, Owen!

Jenni Hinckley said...

Happy Birthday Owen! (And I love the family photos!)

Heather said...

He is such a sweetie I just want to reach through the screen and kiss his cheeks! I am sad how fast our babies grow and am right there with you on the "cheese fest" when it comes to reviewing the past year, the love that overwhelms me and everything. Beautiful family photos and I love your outfits.

Melody's Voice said...

Beautiful pictures. Happy birthday Owen.

Blog Archive