Happy Thanksgiving!!
We were able to enjoy 3 weeks of family and friends in Utah. Owen and I flew out a week before Tyson while he took his finals and then he was able to join us for another two weeks of fun and relaxation. Tyson just finished his first quarter of med school and aced it! We are so proud of him! We also can't believe how fast time is going. He just has 2 more quarters to finish before the end of the year is already here.
We visited so many friends and family while there. We got to see my grandparents up in Farmington and celebrate my grandpa Erickson's 81st birthday! Owen loved playing with great grandpa and seeing all of his great aunts and uncles.
My mom, Dale and my brother Matt all came up for Thanksgiving as well. So we went down to my grandma Nelson's house in Orem for some fun games and a special FHE. It was fun to see my grandma and of course my family too. We got to spend a few extra days with my brother Matt who just returned from his mission. It got us all excited for Christmas in California!
Owen enjoyed playing with his 20 cousins while in Utah and I feel like he really grew up while we were there too. Maybe it's the fact that he will be ONE YEAR OLD in just a month, but he seems to be smarter, more curious, more talkative and more eager to get into anything than ever. Sometimes I feel like I have a toddler already! Where did my baby go!?
My very talented sister-in-laws are doing a boutique in a week and here is one of the hats my sister-in-law Courtney made. We needed to try it on to make sure it would fit a baby and Owen looks too cute I think! I'll be posting about this boutique later. :)
One of Owen's favorite things to do while in Utah was play with grandpa Rog. They would play throughout the day on the floor, up the stairs (yes Owen became quite good at climbing the stairs!) and with his toys. They are good buddies and it is so cute. We already miss you grandpa!
Owen's cousins loved to pick him up, chase him, play with him, talk to him and laugh with him...or maybe at him. :) It is so cute to watch and I wish we lived near them all so he would be with them all the time.
We visited my good friend Kate and her three beautiful boys (3 months old). She is seriously super mom...and doesn't she look fabulous!?! I am so excited that Owen will have 3 fun little boys to play with always. I love you Kate!!
We got together a few times with our good friends Pete and Jess, and Mike and Catherine. One time just the girls got together with our kiddos. Below are Joseph (13 months), Owen (11 months), and Daniel (9 months). We already know they will be BEST friends just like their daddies. :)
We also visited our good friends Brittany and Spencer and saw their newly renovated, beautiful home. It turned out amazing and not surprisingly, was decorated with class and style by Brittany.
This was our first time meeting sweet baby Rosie. Isn't she a doll? It was so fun to hold her, snuggle her and remember when Owen was that little. Maybe I'm getting a little baby hungry!
Oh grandma Jill...Owen loves her so much and so do we! Thank you for everything!! We miss you already!
Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-laws, we took home a whole other suitcase full of clothing and shoes for Owen. We won't be needing more clothes for a while!
Oh and we found out when we visited my friend Tia and her sweet baby Eva, that Owen LOVES dogs! Here he is with my sister-in-law Jenny's dog Mini. Owen loved chasing her around and would do so while laughing and laughing. He was hilarious to watch!

I also got to meet one of my dear friend Tori's new baby boy Finn (above). He is so adorable and I am happy that Owen has yet another little boy to play with. It was also so good to catch up with one of my childhood friends!
Tyson and I were lucky enough to go on a few dates. I loved having him all to myself and we loved being able to spend so much time with him. We went to the SLC Temple for one date and Ruth's Chris for another. Tyson thought the steak was the best he ever had.
Well, that was pretty much our trip in a nut shell!! We had so much fun with family and friends and we can't wait until we get to see them all again soon. I hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving!!
7 comments:
sounds like a fun trip! will you be coming to utah for christmas as well? i hope so!
What a fun trip! Time back home with family is the BEST, but I'm glad you guys are back in AZ now! :)
So glad you are back too. But equally happy for you that you had such a wonderful time with your family. Hot date nights, fun cousins and plenty of friends; can't beat that!
Owen is getting too big! Such a sweetie, can't wait to see him again soon. :)
How lucky are you to have a 3 week getaway! I'm glad you had such a great time.
So much fun! We miss you guys already! Rendezvous in St. George??
I'm so excited for Christmas in California too!!!
Wow, what a busy trip! Exciting to see baby Owen turn into toddler Owen, and yes it is happening fast here too!
Congratulations on the race- I appreciate the play by play and love the shirt!
Merry Christmas Tidwell Family!
Post a Comment