Monday, May 14, 2012

Just Call Me Mommy


Mother's Day was wonderful. Tyson sure knows how to spoil me and he did it again. Since he had a HUGE pharmacology test this morning I really wasn't expecting much. Saturday evening after a long day of studying, Tyson came home with beautiful red roses. I sure am a sucker for flowers! On Mother's Day morning he took the boys so I could sleep in an extra two hours which felt like Heaven. Then he didn't have his usual Elder's Quorum Presidency meeting since it was Mother's Day so he was able to help get everyone ready for church...so nice! 

After church he made some yummy taquitos and chunky salsa with chocolate chip cookies for dessert. It was so yummy, as his meals usually are. I thought Tyson would head out to study after that but instead he stayed and hung out with us and then continued to help with bed time. It wasn't after Owen was asleep that he went to the table to study. 

I am seriously one lucky lady. I loved that he took the day for me and made me feel so appreciated. It really makes such a big difference, especially in this crazy time of life. 

I absolutely love being called "mommy" "mama" "mamia" "mom" and "julie!". I have fallen in love all over again with motherhood after having Graham and I can only imagine my love growing and growing with each new spirit Heavenly Father entrusts with me. I have always dreamed of being a mommy since I was little and it really is wonderful to have made it to this point in my life and to fully embrace it. I know that being a mommy is truly a divine calling and even though it is crazy hard and stressful, it brings the most joy I have ever experienced. 

I love being a mom.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are beautiful and I want to take your sweet patience and kindness and bottle it up. :)

And do I spy a finger sucking Graham?

Blog Archive