We are finally all settled in. I really dislike moving because it's such a big project. But this time around really was easier because of all of the help. This is our 4th place we've lived in since we've been married. Last night I think it really hit me that we moved. We have had a great start here but I have always had a hard time with change. I get really excited about it and I love meeting new people but then sometimes it hits me like a ton of bricks and I get sad. That's what happened last night at dinner. Poor Tyson and his way too sensitive wife. I know I will feel better once I get more involved and start a routine of some sort. See that's the thing, I am a routine person and I like to be busy I guess. I love being home with Owen but Tyson had to remind me that I am also used to being a full time first grade teacher. I have many talents he said that I need to nurture and so right now I am only nurturing one and need to nurture more (although the one I am nurturing now is by far the most important). He is always right and always helps me feel better and stay positive.
So if you are interested.....I have taken some pictures of our new place. Nothing too special but it's OUR home.
Our front room. I LOVE all of the windows. We keep them closed all day long to keep the temperature cool but when that sun is gone I open them! I can't stand not seeing outside.
These apartments come with a flat screen TV (nice perk huh?) so now we have ours in the front room and theirs in our room. Yipee.....
Our awesome balcony! I love having outdoor living spaces. As you can see Tyson is growing 6 or 7 tomato plants. They're his babies. ;)
This place has HUGE closets in our room and in Owen's room. We also have an outdoor storage closet. It really is helpful for all of the stuff we have; including all of my teaching stuff.
Well, this is our home for now. We are really happy with it. I love how everything flows and I love having a dishwasher!! Tyson and I have never had a dishwasher in all the four years we've been married. It's definitely a luxury to us. I am excited for the new adventures to come here in our new abode. ;)
9 comments:
The place looks great! I love the styling of your living area. I know what you mean about routines, I am a routine person myself. Good luck in AZ :)
Julie, your place looks so cute! I have yet to get pictures up of my new place. I hope all is going well and you are getting used to your new surroundings.
Also, I can sympathize about the feeling a bit sad part because of being in a new and unfamiliar place away from family and friends. I've been trying to find projects to work on while I job hunt to keep busy and it tends to help. Well, take care and love you tons.
Everything looks so great! You have a talent for decorating and organization for sure! Can't wait to see it all in real life!
i love it!! can't wait to come visit....someday:) yeah for dishwashers!!!!
Julie, I love it. So so cute. You are so organized, as usual! I'm so bummed I didn't get to see you before we left, but glad you got all moved and everything! Let's definitely keep in touch. Those few walks we went on were so fun. Good luck with everything!!
Very cute. I love the light shade in the dinning room and you are incredibly organized! Have I mentioned lately, we miss you?!?
I LOVE it!! Your house is so cute and it looks so fun. I bet you guys will have a blast living there and hopefully get lots of visitors. Judd & I have been trying to plan a trip to see his sister who lives in AZ...so if it happens I would love to come visit you guys as well! : ) And I love little owen, he is adorable!
Your place looks great! Congrats on being moved in. It does take time to settle in and it is sad to leave your home, family and friends. It's definitely an adjustment. We have some crazy heat out here in SC, too. I love AZ though, and you will love it, too. Go hike Camelback and get some Sprinkles cupcakes. Try Roy's (Hawaiian restaurant in a fancy Marriott hotel)- amazing! There's also a fun restaurant slash movie theater in scottsdale.
Cute place Julie! Now come decorate my house for me!! Hehe :)
Post a Comment