Saturday, April 17, 2010

House Hunting in Arizona!


Over my spring break we were able to go down to Arizona to go house hunting. We have been debating for quite sometime on whether or not we should buy or rent and we ultimately decided to rent. We decided to rent for many reasons, but the main reason is because Tyson can eventually do his rotations (3 & 4th year of med. school) in another city or state (LA please!). So that would put us in Phoenix for two years for sure and potentially 4 years altogether, but the chances are high that we will move again after his first two years. I am excited that we can potentially go to LA for his rotations, so I am hoping we don't stay! Anyways, we went down for a few days and stayed at my grandpa's house while we searched (notice the gigantic cactus picture above that was in the front of his house!). We flew down and Owen did so great! I was nervous for the flight but was happily surprised when Owen didn't even cry! He was such a good sport throughout the entire trip.
Owen wore short sleeves and shorts for his first time! It was in the 80's our whole trip!
Grandpa's neighborhood had a pool (every neighborhood and apartment complex does!) and so we thought we'd try going swimming. We got Owen all dressed up (and he looked so dang cute!) and went to the pool. We layed out for a few minutes and then thought we'd try the water. We thought the water wasn't too bad but when we let Owen touch it with his toesies and he flipped! I guess it would be way colder for a little 3 month old. So I guess we'll just have to wait until the summer.
It was so much fun driving around Phoenix and exploring the place where we're going to live. It made us both get really excited. Our friends Dan and Nicole and their cute girls live in the apartment complex we decided on. We were able to get together with them one night and we can't wait to be neighbors! Here is our new apartment! We can't wait to make more friends and make many special memories in our new home. ;)
p.s. Owen and I will definitely be living at this pool. ;)

7 comments:

Ash and Joe said...

aw Owen looks so cute in his swimming gear. joe just left to pa to find us a place too. hope he is as successful as you guys were! congrats.

emwhitte said...

Yay! I'm excited you two will live closer! And Owen looks SOOO CUTE! I can't wait to give that baby boy a squeeze! He's growing too fast! Love you all!!

Brittany said...

The place looks great! The pool will be so nice, especially in the heat. We are really going to miss you guys!

theolsonfamily said...

he's so stinkin cute!!! Even though your place looks fantastic, I still don't want you to move!!!

Nicole Hunter said...

YEAH!! We're way excited to have you guys as neighbors! Owen looks so cute ready to swim! I'm sure he'll get more into it this summer! :) I realized after you guys left that I don't have your e-mail to add you to our blog. I'll have to get that from you.

Lynda said...

It looks like a great complex!!! Owen just gets cuter and cuter every day. I am sure going to miss you next year. I may have to turn into a lunch hermit!

Oblad girl said...

That is so exciting! We LOVE Arizona- the heat, the desert, the styles of the homes there, the fun restaurants, and all of the fun stuff to do. Glad you found a place- one less hurdle to worry about. =)