Sunday, May 4, 2008

Another Year in Salt Lake?

Alright so many friends and family have been wanting an update on what our near future holds for us. So as many of you already know, Tyson has been applying to medical school (a long, long process). After waiting for what seemed like forever, we have found out that he will be reapplying this June. It has definitely been difficult waiting to know where our future lies and then now having to reapply to wait again, however we both know it's for a reason. So, in the meantime, Tyson will be getting his Masters of Public Health at the University of Utah, doing some research under a physician from Huntsman Cancer Institute, retaking the MCAT and reapplying to medical school. So I decided that since Tyson will be going back to school that I would just have to copy him. I started my Masters in Education last month and will be continuing this program through next April (while still teaching ofcourse). So there's our future in a nut shell! While we have been anxious to move on to the next step in our lives, we are excited to spend at least another year here with friends and family. :)

6 comments:

Bart and Michelle said...

How exciting to be here another year--so maybe we should take advantage of living close and get together! ;)ha ha I ran into Tyson last week and gave him my number so call me when you get a chance!

Melissa said...

Well I think you have a great attitude about the whole thing and it looks like you guys will be getting a lot done in the next year too - so at least you are making progress - and that is what is important!

PS. Love the scooter - it looks like fun! Way to get Julie to cave Tyson!!

Melody's Voice said...

Just wanted to let you know I changed my blog address to http://melodysvoice.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Welcome to the University of Utah Tyson!!!!!!! We knew you'd become a Ute eventually.

Chiara said...

Ahhh shoot! For a second there I thought my cousin Tyson was telling me I was pretty and I was going to cry! ;)- Thanks for the nice comment...you are too sweet!

brettandkatie said...

We're soo glad that you are staying for a least a little while longer! Myles likes you guys so much, I wouldn't know how to tell him that you guys had left. Especially since he's only 6 months old and doesn't understand anything I say anyway. Well, all in all, we're happy you're here!