Thursday, April 10, 2008
The Death of a Buger
So you are probably wondering why I just gave this post that title. Well it all started yesterday afternoon in my first grade class during our writing time. So my students have been real chatty lately (Spring fever) and while they were supposed to be writing I was talking to another teacher who had come into my class. While were were talking I gradually start hearing a lot of comotion going on behind me. Just as I turned around to see what was going on one of my students frantically comes up to me to say "Mrs. Tidwell there is a big, bloody buger in the sink!!" The class was mortified and everyone just had to go take a look at the bloody buger in the sink and then walk away with disgusted looks on their faces. Since I was trying to finish a conversation with an adult I told the class not to worry and that I would take care of it. However that didn't seem to calm the student who had told me about the buger in the first place. After the teacher left, she just had to come back to me to tell me once again about the buger. Instead she said this "Mrs. Tidwell there's a huge bloody buger and it's bleeding to death!!" Yes the buger was "bleeding to death." I have never heard it said that way before. Nevertheless I made my way over to the sink to take on the bleeding buger (with a tissue ofcouse). Meanwhile all of my students are whispering things like "she's getting it....ewwww......oh good she has a tissue.....gross....oh good she got it...." After getting the buger out (and yes it was HUGE and way bigger than an adults I might add) another one of my students ran up to me to give me a hug and kindly ask "Are you okay?" I told her yes and thanked her for her concern. That was thankfully the end of the whole ordeal and we could all calmly go back to work. And so unfortunately I was a part of the death of a buger. I guess it was just another dramatic day in first grade. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I love that one of your students actually asked if you were okay after seeing/disposing of the buger. Pretty cute!
That is an amzing story adn I think I just threw up in my mouth
HAHAHA!!!! That is great! It's moment like these that make teaching worth every second:) Thanks for sharing!
Good job! You are officially my new hero! Next time I have something gross like a spider/dirty diaper to take care of I'm calling you. Well, you just better be on your way over because I think I just heard Myles in the other room!
Ahhh...being a teacher is so rewarding!! I'm sure you are a hero in their eyes. :)
Oh my gosh Julie...that was hilarious! Keep writing these things down and you can write a book. I always wished I had written every funny thing down because first graders say the funniest things!
I love you tons Julie. You are a great teacher and fun to be next door to!
We should swap stories sometime! I have my dance students say the darnest things! I love it! Thanks for sharing....and I agree we should hang out soon. Call us!
Yeah! I love that you guys are bloggers....now just convince the others in the Tidwell clan to join in on all the fun!!
First grade is going a little bit better. To be honest - I've just kissed the teachers butt and it's made all the difference in the world. Is that bad!?! ;)-
Haha! That's so funny. The things little kids get worked up over.
Hey! I was excited to see your blog! That story is great, gotta love little kids!! Sounds like things are going good for you guys! We should get together sometime!
Julie! I just figured out that people can leave comments on my blog, I think some times I'm retarded! Any who...So you guys are headed out of SLC in the Fall? We are headed to lincoln and Omaha next weekend to check it out. Odds are we will probably end up at UNL -*Go Cornhuskers!* Erick tells me I have to start doing that, ha ha! I think I still have your #, email me and let me know where you guys are headed! We totally could be sad together in Nebraska!
Post a Comment